How do I tell the authenticity of my RooR?
With the hype over RooRs, there are now more knockoff RooRs than the real things. They show up everywhere and fool the masses. Even showing up in your local headshop, how do you know if the RooR you own or want to buy is a real genuine RooR water pipe?
What is RooR?
RooR is a German brand of glass water pipes and hookahs that has made quite a following for themselves both abroad and here int the United States. They are one of the most recognized brands of water pipes around. Because of this, many imported knockoffs have been made and sold for a fraction of the cost.
Elements of a Real RooR
Almost every RooR bong that is bought will come with a signature. If it doesn't that should be your first clue that it isn't real. Which side the signature is on doesn't make a difference. This also doesn't have anything to do with it being blown in the United States or Germany, it is just the blower preference. Since every signature is unique to its blower, you can't really look at it and tell if it is fake or not.
- One of the signatures that has come up on many of fake RooRs is the dots hugging the joint.
- So your first clue when walking into a head shop and seeing one of these would be to stay away from it because it's fake.
- The color of the logo doesn't matter. Has nothing to do with it being real or fake.
- The location does matter. Make sure the bottom of the R's are facing towards the left.
- Some fake ones will have no trademarks at the top of the logo, or the logos flipped.
- Position does matter. Make sure the logo doesn't go past the ice catchers or cover up a perc.
- IF ANY OF THESE RULES ARE BROKEN, IT'S A FAKE ROOR. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Real RooRs have ONLY THREE ice pinches.
- If you see a RooR that has four ice pinches, you right off the bat know that it is a fake and don't purchase it.
- A lot of fake RooRs will have a huge gap between the ice pinches and top of the beaker, so make sure they look normal.
- If you want a percolated RooR, make sure it has a splash guard, if it doesn't then it is fake.
- Not all RooRs come with a diffused down stem, so if the RooR you are looking at doesn't have one, then don't assume its fake.
- Just because you got a box that says RooR on it, doesn't mean that it is legit. Many people get their fake RooRs with a box, so they think its all authentic. Boxes are easy to fake.
- Good glass is usually some what heavy, so pick it up and if it feels like thin cheap glass then it most likely is.